Hot outdoor temperatures greatly increase the demands on your air conditioner. To ensure that the air inside your home or business stays clean and comfortable and that your power bills remain reasonable, you must help your air conditioner work efficiently under the increased load. This guide will help you determine what you should do to get the most effective and efficient cooling from your air conditioner.
Perform a Visual Inspection
Look carefully at your air conditioner’s components, both indoors and out. If you notice any of the following situations, take action.
- Air filters need cleaning
- A component looks dirty or has debris clinging to it
- Mold or mildew is visible
- Clutter exists that could obstruct airflow
- Connectors such as screws, bolts and electrical joints appear to be loose
- Check the air filter and change if it’s dirty
- Foliage or branches are within two feet of outdoor components
Observe What Transpires When the Unit Runs
Turn on the air conditioner. The happenings below indicate trouble.
- Rattling or banging noises
- Hot air blowing indoors
- A musty smell
- Water running where it should not be
If the unit does not come on at all, check fuses, switches and breakers. If you still are unable to start the air conditioner, please call us to schedule a service call.
Around-the-Clock Help for Residents of the Florida Panhandle
If your home or business is located in the Florida Panhandle, All Seasons Service Network in Pensacola welcomes your call. From emergency services and air conditioner maintenance to advice regarding air filters and energy efficiency, the certified technicians at All Seasons Service Network stand ready to help. For more information, explore the company’s web site or call 850-637-8479.