No one wants to hear thumping, rattling and wailing noises from their air conditioner on a balmy summer night in Pensacola. It’s the last thing you need. Whether the issue is minor or more serious, here’s how to tell when it’s time for an air conditioning repair.
Signs That It’s Time for an Air Conditioning Repair
Air conditioning problems sometimes appear unexpectedly. Once you notice the symptoms, it may already be too late.
- Occasionally, air conditioners stop cooling. The system may blow hot air or shut off before it cools your home. The compressor could also refuse to start.
- Other times, the problem is related to the air handler. In this scenario, the compressor will run, but the fan won’t pump air through the ductwork.
Troubling AC Sounds and What They Mean
Before a full-blown breakdown strikes, your air conditioner might behave strangely. At All Seasons Service Network, we’ve heard our fair share of weird air conditioning noises. Beware of the following warning signs.
- Whistling and whining are typically caused by clogged air filters, damaged ductwork or delayed HVAC maintenance.
- Repeated clicking that happens as the unit tries to start generally signifies electrical issues.
- Gurgling normally occurs after the unit has turned off and the refrigerant is moving through the coils. It could also come from a clogged condensate line.
- High-pitched shrieking may indicate that the fan motor bearings are failing.
- Similar squealing noises often originate from fan belts that need to be adjusted or replaced.
- Wapping may occur if a foreign object, such as a leaf or stick, is caught in the fan grill.
- Vibrations and rattling are typically traced back to damaged ductwork, missing mounting brackets and unsecured access panels.
Scheduling Air Conditioning Maintenance
Save money, and avoid breakdowns. Invest in air conditioning maintenance to tackle your problems before they grow out of control. If you’re ready to schedule an appointment, dial (850) 434-0384 to reach our office in Pensacola, or read about our air conditioning repairs online.